With Advanced iOS 4 Programming, developers have the expertguidance they need to create amazing applications for Apple'siPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Inside, veteran mobile developer Dr. Maher Ali begins with afoundation introduction to Objective C and Cocoa Touch programming,and then guides readers through building apps with Apple's iPhoneSDK 4 – including coverage of the major categories of newAPIs and building apps for the new Apple iPad.
This book concentrates on illustrating GUI conceptsprogrammatically, allowing readers to fully appreciate the completepicture of iOS 4 development without relying on Interface Builder.In addition, Interface Builder is covered in several chapters.
Advanced iOS 4 Programming delves into more advancedtopics going beyond the basics of iOS 4 development, providingcomprehensive coverage that will help you get your apps to the AppStore quicker.
Key features include:
- Objective-C programming language and runtime
- Interface Builder
- Building advanced mobile user interfaces
- Cocoa Touch
- Core Animation and Quartz 2D
- Model-view-controller (MVC) designs
- Developing for the iPad
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Parsing XML documents using SAX, DOM, and TouchXML
- Working with the Map Kit API
- Remote and Local Push Notification
- Blocks (closures) in Objective-C
- Building advanced location-based applications
- Developing database applications using the SQLite engine
- GameKit framework
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: