The Complete, Hands-On Guide to Installing and Configuring VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0
Administering VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 is the complete, technical, hands-on guide to VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.0 installation and configuration for experienced VMware professionals.
VMware forum moderator and vExpert Mike Laverick fully explains SRM 5.0’s failover/failback procedures, walks readers through configuring storage replication with hardware from several leading suppliers, and shows how to efficiently implement fast, automated, centralized disaster recovery. Drawing on his extensive experience with SRM and vSphere, Laverick identifies common pitfalls and errors, explains why they occur, and shows exactly how to fix them.
Fully up to date for SRM 5.0, this book delivers “in-the-trenches” technical knowledge you won’t find anywhere else, including expert guidance for utilizing SRM 5.0’s advanced new vSphere Replication (VR).
- Going “under the hood” with SRM 5.0 to thoroughly understand its operation
- Configuring SRM 5.0 with Dell EqualLogic Replication, EMC Celerra Replicator, EMC CLARiiON MirrorView, HP StorageWorks P4000 Virtual SAN Appliance with Remote Copy, and NetApp SnapMirror
- Configuring multiple LUN/volumes with virtual machines and virtual disks
- Installing VMware SRM and configuring vSphere Replication (VR)
- Using VR to replicate VMs across locations without third-party storage array-based replication
- Using VR to replicate a single VM or groups of VMs to the Recovery Site
- Efficiently configuring protected and recovery sites
- Using Reprotect Mode to accelerate failback and enhance VM portability
- Using dependencies and priority orders to configure SRM based on your existing categories of applications and services
- Leveraging SRM 5.0’s scalability improvements to serve large-scale and/or cloud environments
- Defining custom recovery plans
- Working with alarms, export histories, and access control
- Implementing bidirectional relationships and shared site configurations
- Scripting automated site recovery
- Upgrading from SRM 4.1 to SRM 5.0
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: