ASP.NET 3.5 For Dummies is an all new version of the popular title that makes it easy for beginners to create dynamic, data-driven Web applications on the Microsoft platform. Wherever possible the book minimizes the amount of code you write by harnessing powerful design-time tools built into Visual Web Developer 2008 and its free version, Visual Web Developer 2008 Express. Where coding is required, the author walks you through the details using familiar concepts from everyday life. The book includes many examples of "geekspeak" terminology so you'll feel comfortable in a conversation with professional ASP.NET programmers.
ASP.NET developers will benefit as well because the book integrates the new features of ASP.NET 3.5 into the text and sample code. These include LINQ queries, ASP.NET AJAX, extension methods, Silverlight, and the new ListView control.
Using realistic examples in VB, you learn to create pages that incorporate the major ASP.NET controls and features.
- Microsoft's technologies for dynamic Web content
- Installing and using Visual Web Developer 2008 (Express)
- SQL Server Express and handling database tasks
- Generating ASP.NET pages based on a database
- Inserting, sorting, editing, and deleting data
- The ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel and the AJAX Control Toolkit
- Understanding LINQ syntax including From, Where, and Select
- Filtering data with the LinqDataSource control
- Creating interfaces with the ListView control
- RSS and the XmlDataSource control
- Master pages, style sheets, themes, skins, and dynamic effects
- Building a sitemap and connecting navigation controls
- Security, authentication, and data validation
- E-commerce shopping cart
- Rooting out bugs and handling errors
- Compilation and deployment
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: