Do you know:
Which state was the first to secede from the Union?
Who the Mata Hari of the Civil War was?
Which Bible passage Southerners most often used to justify slavery?
You'll find the answers to these intriguing questions and more in 101 Things You Didn't Know About the Civil War. Packed with fascinating details about the people, places, and events that defined our nation's most contentious conflict, this tell-all guide reveals the inside scoop on the:
- Issue of slavery and its impact on the war
- Great--and not-so-great--leaders and generals
- Battles fought and lost--and fought again
- Particular horrors of this war
- Women, children, and African Americans in the war
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: