Find the Right Words at the Right Time
There are key moments in the course of every career when the right words can make a life-changing, career-altering difference. If you are someone who thinks of the perfect thing to say only after the moment has passed, this savvy guide to smart communication will save the day. In ten focused and articulate chapters, veteran communications consultant Casey Hawley provides spot-on strategies for responding confidently and making a positive and powerful impression when:
• You meet an executive or other key business contact
• You meet the interviewer for your next job
• You are offered a job
• You are in a performance review (including asking for a raise)
• You meet your new team
• You are fired
• A challenge to your ethics, loyalty, or future arises
• You resign from a job
• Conflict arises with a coworker or other businessperson
• You are recognized for excellence
Arm yourself with this helpful and empowering guide and prepare to succeed in every make-or-break moment you encounter. Whether you’re looking for a new job or facing an important discussion in your current position, Hawley helps you develop the interpersonal skills you’ll need to navigate these critical conversations with clarity and conviction.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: