vi and Vim Editors Pocket Reference
Support for every text editing task
- List Price$11.99
- Your price$9.89
Save $2.10 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 5600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Many Unix, Linux, and Mac OS X geeks enjoy using the powerful, platform-agnostic text editors vi and Vim, but there are far too many commands for anyone to remember. Author Arnold Robbins has chosen the most valuable commands for vi, Vim, and vi's main clones—vile, elvis, and nvi—and packed them into this easy-to-browse pocket reference. You'll find commands for all kinds of editing tasks, such as programming, modifying system files, and writing and marking up articles.
This second edition includes:
- Command-line options
- vi commands and set options
- Input mode shortcuts
- Substitution and regular expressions
- ex commands and options
- Initialization and recovery
- Enhanced tags and tag stacks
- A greatly expanded section on Vim commands and options
- Additional features in vile, elvis, and nvi
- Internet resources for vi
- A full index
- O'Reilly Media, January 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: