- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad are not just consumer devices. Apple's popular iOS devices are rapidly spreading through the business market in increasing numbers. In this thorough reference guide, IT professionals will learn from seasoned IT veteran John Welch how to deploy and manage iOS devices in the enterprise.
John uses a refreshing, straightforward approach to teach you how to manage iOS devices. And he covers a wide range of methods, from managing just a handful of devices to dealing with hundreds. You'll find out when using iTunes for management is good enough and how to get the most out of that simple tool. You'll also explore what you can do with Apple's free iPhone Configuration Utility, from setting up applications and provisioning to specifying precisely what users can do with their devices. He'll show you how to use the iPCU (iPhone Configuration Utility) to install enterprise apps on an iOS device, do extensive management, and distribute profiles via USB, by email, and over the air (OTA). For environments that require large deployments with huge numbers of iOS devices, you'll get instruction on using SCEP (Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol). And he’ll take you even further to learn how to use Mobile Device Management (MDM) to push changes out to devices.
This book includes:
- A no-nonsense style of instruction from experienced IT professional and popular presenter John Welch
- Simple, clear explanations that make principles easy to apply to your own environment
- Insider tips to ensure success and avoid common problems
- The basics, including management with iTunes and iPCU (iPhone Configuration Utility)
- Advanced topics, such as server setup and wireless application distribution
- Pearson Education, December 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: