Young Learners, Diverse Children
Celebrating Diversity in Early Childhood
- List Price$33.95
- Your price$30.59
Save $3.36 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 14400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Nurture young children’s self-esteem and boost learning by integrating family culture with instruction!
Emphasizing how connecting instruction with children’s backgrounds increases learners’ confidence and fosters a supportive learning environment, this book helps teachers improve outcomes for diverse and low socioeconomic status (SES) students. Drawing on field-tested methods, the author merges cognition, language, and culture and presents lesson plans, classroom-based alternative assessment tools, and best practices to help readers:
- Improve literacy through storytelling that reflects students’ lives
- Collaborate with parents to increase student achievement
- Correlate curriculum with TESOL standards for young children
- Integrate academic standards across developmental levels
- SAGE Publications, September 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: