World on a String
A Musical Memoir
- List Price$26.95
- Your price$21.59
Save $5.36 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 11600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Behind the scenes in the life of a musician—an exuberant, entertaining memoir from jazz guitarist, singer, and raconteur John Pizzarelli
John Pizzarelli, the son of jazz guitar legend Bucky Pizzarelli, is a connoisseur of American song who grew up among the legends of jazz. From teenage explorations of rock music to life on the road with his father, he worked his way from gigs in tiny clubs to opening for Frank Sinatra during his final international tour. Now Pizzarelli performs in festivals and top venues across the United States and the world, and he shares his unique journey in this revealing, charming, and heartwarming memoir.
- Includes firsthand stories of famous jazz greats and popular music icons including Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Rosemary Clooney, Benny Goodman, Joe Pass, James Taylor, and Paul McCartney
- Reveals what it was like to grow up among great musicians and storytellers and shares the day-to-day experiences of a touring musician's life
- Includes thirty-five terrific photographs that take you inside John Pizzarelli's life and music
- Part of the Wiley-Lincoln Center alliance
Absorbing, upbeat, funny, and down to earth, World on a String is an irresistible celebration of music and life that will appeal to John Pizzarelli's large and growing following.
- Turner Publishing Company, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: