Learning about Language
Activities for the Primary Classroom
by John Foster
- List Price$37.95
- Your price$34.19
Save $3.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Bringing a fresh and lively approach to language study, Learning about Language is an exciting collection of fun, creative activities and warm-up games that explore the multifaceted nature of the English language. For use in any primary classroom, this book will help develop the pupil’s knowledge of how the English language works and will improve their ability to use language effectively.
Throughout the book, the author explains key features of the English language by arranging the volume alphabetically into sections, each of which explores a different linguistic feature. Foster suggests enjoyable activities that will enable students to consolidate their learning and improve their communication skills through word play, and frequently uses rhyme to illustrate and elaborate on points made.
Areas covered include:
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar;
- Origin, meaning, similarities and differences of words, including homonyms, anagrams and synonyms;
- The explanation of particular uses of language for specific purposes;
- Humorous misuse of words, including malapropisms and spoonerisms;
- The inclusion of numerous opportunities for students to play with words by participating in word games and through their own writing.
With its unique and accessible approach to language study, Learning about Language provides teachers of English with a dynamic collection of resources that will be welcomed by educators and students alike.
- Taylor and Francis, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: