Windows 7 Annoyances
Tips, Secrets, and Solutions
- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Windows 7 may be faster and more stable than Vista, but it's a far cry from problem-free. David A. Karp comes to the rescue with the latest in his popular Windows Annoyances series. This thorough guide gives you the tools you need to fix the troublesome parts of this operating system, plus the solutions, hacks, and timesaving tips to make the most of your PC.
- Streamline Windows Explorer, improve the Search tool, eliminate the Green Ribbon of Death, and tame User Account Control prompts
- Explore powerful Registry tips and tools, and use them to customize every aspect of Windows and solve its shortcomings
- Squeeze more performance from your hardware with solutions for your hard disk, laptop battery, CPU, printers, and more
- Stop crashes, deal with stubborn hardware and drivers, fix video playback issues, and troubleshoot Windows when it won't start
- Protect your stuff with permissions, encryption, and shadow copies
- Secure and speed up your wireless network, fix networking woes, make Bluetooth functional, and improve your Web experience
- Get nearly all of the goodies in 7 Ultimate, no matter which edition you have
"Blunt, honest, and awesome."
--Aaron Junod, Manager, Integration Systems at Evolution Benefits
"This could be the best [money] you've ever spent."
--Jon Jacobi, PC World
"To use Windows is to be annoyed -- and this book is the best way to solve any annoyance you come across. It's the most comprehensive and entertaining guide you can get for turning Windows into an operating system that's a pleasure to use."
--Preston Gralla, author of Windows Vista in a Nutshell, and Computerworld contributing editor
- O'Reilly Media, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: