Windows 7: Up and Running
A quick, hands-on introduction
by Wei-Meng Lee
- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This compact book offers the quickest path for Windows users to get started with Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system. You get the essential information you need to upgrade or install the system and configure it to fit your activities, along with a tour of Windows 7's features and built-in applications.
Microsoft has learned from the mistakes of Windows Vista, and Windows 7 shows it-this new OS is much faster and more stable. With Windows 7: Up and Running, you'll learn what's new and what's changed from XP and Vista, and get advice on ways to use this system for work, entertainment, instant communication, and more. Windows 7 is poised to be a big hit, and with this handy guide, you can be up and running -- and productive -- with it right away.
- Master the user interface, including the taskbar, jump lists, desktop gadgets, Aero Shake, and notification area
- Discover the joys of networking with HomeGroup file sharing and improved Wi-Fi
- Tour the system's improved security, including the Action Center, User Account Control, and Credential Manager
- Learn how to use Windows Live Essentials for messaging, photo sharing, moviemaking, emailing, and blogging
- Get to know built-in applications such as Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player 12, Microsoft Paint, and WordPad
- Learn about optional Microsoft software to enhance your Windows 7 experience
- O'Reilly Media, October 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: