Why Leadership Sucks™
Fundamentals of Level 5 Leadership and Servant Leadership
What is leadership? How do we define leadership? What is servant leadership? What are the most effective leadership characteristics? Do you wish your company had a leadership development program, or are you frustrated with organizational leadership? Do you wonder why some leadership styles suck? You are not alone.
So why does leadership suck? It sucks because real leadership is hard, requires selfless service, and because the buck stops here. Servant leadership or Level 5 leadership is uncomfortable, humbling, self-denying, painful, and counter-intuitive; nonetheless, christian leadership is the only kind of leadership that brings lasting results, genuine happiness, and true self-fulfillment.
The book is divided into four parts:
Part 1: To serve or not to serve. Effective leadership characteristics require servant leadership.
Part 2: Do what's best for your organization. Discusses various aspects of organizational leadership and culture
Part 3: Humility 101. Leadership principles of self-examination, apologies, authenticity, controlling and displaying emotions, and handling adversity.
Part 4: Specific management situations, focusing on business leadership competencies
Here is what you will learn from Miles and experience in Why Leadership Sucks?
1. Define leadership in general and the servant leadership style specifically.
2. Why christian leadership matters and is a better long-term strategy.
3. Develop leadership competencies with practical action steps.
4. Learn from real world examples from the author's organizational leadership experience.
5. Quotes on leadership help highlight and introduce sections within each chapter.
To discover why servant leadership is frustrating and learn practical leadership principles for your leadership journey, download a sample or purchase Why Leadership Sucks now.
- Kompelling Publishing, October 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: