When the Headline Is You
An Insider's Guide to Handling the Media
Proven strategies for managing all types of media encounters!
Award-winning journalist and Fortune 500 consultant Jeff Ansell provides a how-to guide for leaders, executives, and other professionals whose high-visibility requires frequent contact with the media. Drawing on nearly four decades of media experience, Ansell presents tested techniques for responding to challenging questions and delivering effective messages. In addition, he reveals lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid by referencing recent news events from around the world. Valuable features include:
- A behind-the-scenes look at how news is made
- Complete guidelines to creating compelling messages
- Specific messaging formulae for building trust when the news is bad
- Step-by-step strategies for managing hostile or relentless questions
- Insider tips on how to identify and handle misleading questions
An essential resource for navigating both traditional and online media, this book prepares readers for even the most challenging media events.
- Wiley, August 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: