When Television Was Young
The Inside Story with Memories by Legends of the Small Screen
When television was young . . .
- Legendary movie producer Darryl Zanuck declared, "People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.
- Before 5:30, there were only test patterns. Howdy Doody was the first show of the day.
- CBS agreed to put I Love Lucy on film only if Desi and Lucy paid part of the production fee. In return, CBS gave them ownership of the shows, including the right to rerun it forever.
- Kukla, Fran, and Ollie was the first network show broadcast in color.
- 50,000 fans showed up in a New Orleans department store to meet Hopalong Cassidy.
- Movie studios would not let motion icture stars appear on television for fear that if people saw the stars on TV, they wouldn't go to the movies.
Filled with fascinating stories, When Television Was Young is a hilarious, entertaining, behind-the-scenes look at the world of the small screen.
Skip this list
The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present
Tim Brooks,Earle F. Marsh
Movies and TV: The New York Public Library Book of Answers
Melinda Corey,Diane Corey,George Ochoa
Remember That?: A Year-by-Year Chronicle of Fun Facts, Headlines, & Your Memories
Editors of Family Tree Magazine,Allison Dolan
The Importance of Being Ernest: The Life of Actor Jim Varney (Stuff that Vern doesn't even know)
Richard Anderson: At Last, A Memoir. From the Golden Years of M-G-M and The Six Million Dollar Man to Now
One More River to Cross: The Redemption of Sam Cooke
B.G. Rhule,DONNA H. RICHARDS,JOANNA KATSUNE,EUGENE JAMISON
"From Beautiful Downtown Burbank": A Critical History of Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, 1968-1973
Tommy Lee Jones 159 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Tommy Lee Jones
Historical Dictionary of African American Television
Kathleen Fearn-Banks,Anne Burford-Johnson
Mike Douglas 175 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Mike Douglas
Spinning Laughter: Profiles of 111 Proposed Comedy Spin-offs and Sequels that Never Became a Series
Scatman Crothers 134 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Scatman Crothers
Wink Martindale 74 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Wink Martindale
Arsenio Hall 191 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Arsenio Hall
Kelsey Grammer 219 Success Facts - Everything you need to know about Kelsey Grammer
The Bobby Cannavale Handbook - Everything You Need To Know About Bobby Cannavale
Fantasy Femmes of Sixties Cinema: Interviews with 20 Actresses from Biker, Beach, and Elvis Movies
- Thomas Nelson, September 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: