When Generations Collide
Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work
If your workplace feels like a battle zone and colleagues sometimes act like adversaries, you ore not alone. Today four generations glare at one another across the conference table, and the potential for conflict and confusion has never been greater.
- Traditionalist employees with their "heads down, onward and upward" attitude live out a work ethic shaped during the Great Depression.
- Eighty million Baby Boomers vacillate between their overwhelming need to succeed and their growing desire to slow down and enjoy life.
- Generation Xers try to prove themselves constantly yet dislike the image of being overly ambitious, disrespectful, and irreverent.
- Millennials, new to the workforce, mix savvy with social conscience and promise to further change the business landscape.
This insightful book provides hands-on methods to close the generation gaps. With effective tools to recruit, retain, motivate, and manage each generation, you can now create teamwork, not war, in today's highperformance workplace . . . where at any age, productivity is what counts.
- HarperCollins, October 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: