Welcome to Indonesian
A Beginner's Survey of the Language
- List Price$12.99
- Your price$10.69
Save $2.30 (18% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
This concise book aims to introduce the reader to the Indonesian language not by creating a course, with grammar and exercises, but by describing it from various points of view, such as telling what it is related to and how it has developed, and on this basis saying where some of its words originate, as a means of familiarization with some common examples. After that, the description moves on to talk about the kinds of words one wold expect to meet, and how they can be put together as sentences, before providing a few examples of journalistic prose as well as some more literary specimens, in order to give a feeling for the language. Welcome to Indonesian includes:
- Chapter 1: What is Indonesian?
- Chapter 2: Bahasa Indonesia as the National Language
- Chapter 3: A Historical Overview
- Chapter 4: The Development of Modern Indonesian
- Chapter 5: Indonesian and Malaysian
- Chapter 6: The colloquial Dimension, Influence of Dialek Jakarta
- Chapter 7: What is Indonesian Related to?
- Chapter 9: Loanwords in Indonesian
- Chapter 10: The Indonesian Word
- Chapter 11: The Indonesian Sentence
- Chapter 12: Journalistic Prose
- Chapter 13: A Literary Dimension
- Suggestions for Further Reading
- Glossary of Indonesian Words
- Tuttle Publishing, May 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: