Webinars: A Cookbook for Educators
by Nicky Hockly
This book is a comprehensive guide to running excellent webinars. Whether you're an old webinar hand, or have never attended or run one before, you'll find useful advice and ideas based on over a decade of experience in organizing, attending and running webinars. Giving a good webinar is like cooking and serving a good meal. This metaphor frames the book. So let's get into the kitchen, and start cooking!
This book is aimed at:
- Educators interested in exploring the options provided by synchronous online communication
- Online conference/webinar presenters and moderators
- Teachers of online classes
- Anyone thinking of offering webinars but unsure of how or where to start
This book includes:
- Video extracts from real live webinars, showing activities or tools in action, in the Video Bank.
- A Glossary of useful webinar-related terms and terminology.
- Links to external online sources, resources and video tutorials.
- The 5-10-30 Challenges. You'll also find a series of tasks or 'challenges' to help you explore tools and techniques in more depth. There are 5-minute, 10-minute and 30-minute challenges to choose from at the end of several chapters. You can do these challenges yourself in order to develop your own webinar skills. And you can use them in teacher training or development sessions if you work with other educators.
- Useful advice from webinar experts around the world, in the Last Word section.
- Nicky Hockly, May 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: