Digital Libraries, Digital Archives
- List Price$36.95
- Your price$33.29
Save $3.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Get an inside view of producing digital information projects
Digital technology has provided great opportunities as well as colossal challenges for information professionals at Slavic libraries, collections, and archives. Virtual Slavica: Digital Libraries, Digital Archives presents leading information experts exploring the monumental task of converting Slavic manuscripts and books for presentation in the digital realm. Readers get a clear inside view of how to conquer the various challenges that arise within digital library and archive projects through detailed descriptions of specific projects discussed in easy-to-understand language.
Slavic studies present innate problems when attempts are made to allow access to the material over the Internet. The Cyrillic alphabet is just one of the huge stumbling blocks standing in the way of universal access to this important material. Virtual Slavica: Digital Libraries, Digital Archives provides practical strategies for anyone looking for answers to problems within their own virtual information project. Copyright issues, digital reference, text encoding, online translation, presentation issues, and use of grant funding are some the topics comprehensively discussed to give information professionals clear solutions to the issues they may be facing. The book is carefully referenced.
Virtual Slavica: Digital Libraries, Digital Archives examines:
- the persistence of multiple standards for digitally handling the Cyrillic alphabet
- presenting the Comintern archives online
- FEB-web-its structure, the creation of digital editions, its plans for the future
- copyright issues in the twenty-first century
- Meeting of Frontiers-the reorganization of the text content of the international collaborative digital library project at the Library of Congress
- standardized encoding
- practical and theoretical programming issues
- the unforeseen difficulties-and solutions-to complete a grant-funded digital Slavic project
- and more
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Michael Neubert
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Michael Neubert
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 23, 2016
- Taylor and Francis, January 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: