VMware Infrastructure 3 For Dummies
by William Lowe
VMware Infrastructure 3 for Dummies will help you understand, design, and deploy a reliable and fault tolerant Virtual Infrastructure 3 environment. Virtualization can save your business a lot of money! You’ll find an introduction to the technology and learn from the key topics covered in each chapter. You will have enough information to design and deploy your first system without being overwhelmed by extensive technical details. You can also use this book as a reference for maintenance and troubleshooting.
You will find out what you need to do before you virtualize your machines. Learn about ESX servers, how to install them and their anatomy. Hook up your ESX servers with storage and data networks and understand what you need to know about networking and external storage. You’ll be able to make everything fault tolerant with cluster technology. Find out how to:
- Make the most of VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3
- Design and deploy your system
- Handle installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Virtualize servers, storage and networking
- Discover how to assure fault tolerance with clusters and the VirtualCenter database
- Use resource pools, set them up, and secure them
- Explore new options for disaster preparedness, including a virtual consolidated backup
Complete with lists of VMware products, the world of virtual appliances, and more information about VI3, VMware Infrastructure 3For Dummies is your one-stop guide to virtualizing your machines.
- Wiley, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: