Administer Ubuntu Server in the Enterprise
Realize a dynamic, stable, and secure Ubuntu Server environment with expert guidance, tips, and techniques from a Linux professional. Ubuntu Server Administration covers every facet of system management--from users and file systems to performance tuning and troubleshooting. Learn how to automate installation using Kickstart, set up print and Web servers, configure and secure networks and TCP/IP ports, and implement Linux virtualization. You'll also get details on sharing resources via NFS and Samba, protecting your system, and customizing the Linux kernel.
- Install Ubuntu Server Edition in a production environment
- Use administrative commands, secure with the PolicyKit, and customize permissions with ACLs
- Configure filesystems in partitions, logical volumes, and RAID arrays.
- Configure secure remote administration using the Secure Shell and Landscape
- Manage updates and configure local repository mirrors
- Control users with quotas, PAMs, and authentication databases
- Build Web servers using Apache, MySQL, and PHP
- Handle security with AppArmor, Kerberos, iptables-based firewalls, and TCP Wrappers
- Virtualize your system using VMware, Virtualbox, and KVM
Covers Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: