Time Management for Event Planners
Expert Techniques and Time-Saving Tips for Organizing Your Workload, Prioritizing Your Day, and Taking Control of Your Schedule
by Judy Allen
Event planning never stops. This industry goes 24/7, 365 days a year. Planners work evenings, weekends, and holidays, often far away from their home base, organizing and running events that simply must go on, and go smoothly. Missing a critical deadline is not an option in the event planning field. Time management errors can cost a company a potential sale, lose them an existing customer, and damage their professional reputation.
Burnout and chaos are real risks in this hectic world of deadlines and multiple projects. Planners often find themselves working down to the wire against crushing deadlines and a mountain of obstacles that impede their progress. Too frequently, there is not enough time to get the job done properly, let alone to spend on personal or professional pursuits. And for many involved in the event planning field, there is the extra dimension of travel to factor in, juggling multiple projects on a daily basis across a multitude of time zones.
For smooth event implementation, and for business success, it is essential that planners know how to manage their own time as well as they manage an event. Time Management for Event Planners teaches readers how to successfully manage their workload, and do what matters most, when it matters most:
- Analyze and prioritize tasks.
- Structure your workload and your day for maximum performance.
- Identify red-flag activities that hinder productivity.
- Reduce stress-producing time crunches.
- Identify when extra help is needed, as well as how to delegate, outsource, and even partner with suppliers in crunch periods.
- Work with rather than against deadlines.
- Save time using technology.
- Manage multiple projects, even in multiple time zones.
- Balance your personal and professional life.
- Wiley, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: