Yevgeny Vakhtangov was the creator of Fantastic Realism, credited with reconciling Meyerhold's bold experiments with Stanislavski's naturalist technique. The Vakhtangov Sourcebook compiles new translations of his key writings on the art of theatre, making it the primary source of first hand material on this master of theatre in the English speaking world.
Vakhtangov's essays and articles are accompanied by:
- Diary and Notebook excerpts
- His lectures to the Vakhtangov Studio
- In-depth accounts of Vakhtangov methods in rehearsal
- Production photographs and sketches
- Extensive bibliographies
- Director's notes on key performances
An extensive introductory overview from editor Andrei Malaev-Babel explains Vakhtangov's creative life, his groundbreaking theatrical concepts and influential directorial works.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: