The Real Skinny
Appetite for Health's 101 Fat Habits & Slim Solutions
Every day, we make literally hundreds of choices about what to eat and drink and how to live, which impact our health and, ultimately, our weight. When these habits are good, it’s easy to keep weight in check. When they’re bad, the number on our scales can creep upwards and upwards. If you’re like most people, your habits could be in need of a tune-up.
The 101 “slim habits” presented in THE REAL SKINNY by registered dieticians and founders of the popular website "Appetite for Health" are based on information they have culled from leading dieticians around the country—i.e. this is a “best of” list, and these habits REALLY WORK! The authors tackle such topics as:
- Friends and family can negatively impact your eating habits. This book shows you how to keep a meat-and-potato-loving man happy at the dinner table while slashing your calorie intake at the same time.
- Do low-calorie or zero-calorie sodas and foods leave you feeling hungry for more? You'll learn ways to use some calorie-controlled foods to their advantage, while developing a life-long eating strategy that relies on great-tasting, wholesome foods, rather than manmade substitutes.
- The way in which your kitchen is organized and the size of your dishes can impact your weight. Here, you'll find steps to downsize serving dishes and reorganize your refrigerator and pantry to promote healthier choices at home.
- It can be difficult to maintain healthy eating habits when you have a busy, on-the-go lifestyle. The authors' "menu decoder" will help you pick the best plates at the most common chain and ethnic restaurants.
In THE REAL SKINNY: Appetite for Health's 101 Fat Habits & Slim Solutions, Katherine Brooking and Julie Upton provide real-life, practical steps for you to kick your “fat habits” once and for all.
- Penguin Publishing Group, April 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: