The Power of Thinking Differently: an imaginative guide to creativity, change, and the discovery of new ideas
The Ultimate Road Map of the Creative Process for Problem Solving, Art, Business, Invention, and Living a more Authentic Life
Discover the roots of innovation and creative genius in this whimsical, comedic exploration of the psychology of creativity.
Understand creative minds and learn how to cultivate your own in this creative thinking manual written by former electrical engineer turned college creativity and philosophy professor, Javy W. Galindo. Through this humorously entertaining read you will be rewiring your brain for creativity: developing creative thinking skills to help you find creative ideas and creative solutions to difficult problems.
What's in the Power of Thinking Differently?
Professor Galindo takes us along on an adventurous tour of the creative process. Using simple language, the book looks at creative thinking through the rational lens of psychology, neuroscience, and popular creativity literature. At the same time, it exercises the imagination using allegory, myth, jokes, and puzzles. The book reveals the roots our thinking habits and illuminates an imaginative six-stage roadmap to discovering unique ideas and implementing creative change.
We come to see that creativity isn't just for creative types. It turns out that we all have the inherent capacity to think creatively and attain flashes of creative insight.
What else will you learn?
- The universal stages of the creative process.
- How your brain is built to be creative.
- The secrets to going beyond common sense to attain uncommon ideas.
- Why relaxation and a sense of play are crucial to being creative.
- How to overcome creative blocks and habitual thinking patterns.
- Ways of becoming more insight prone.
- The keys to cultivating creativity in groups.
- How to conquer common creativity pitfalls.
- And how thinking differently can be a soul enriching, meaning deepening activity.
Begin reading the The Power of Thinking Differently today, and start yourself on the path to living life more creatively.
- The Enlightened Hyena Press, August 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: