The Parent Backpack for Kindergarten through Grade 5
How to Support Your Child's Education, End Homework Meltdowns, and Build Parent-Teacher Connections
by ML Nichols
Finally, a book that demystifies our daunting education system by giving parents the insights and strategies they need to build positive relationships with teachers and connect to their children’s learning in productive ways.
Involved Parents = Better Students
How do you ensure your child gets the best education possible when U.S. schools have become overburdened, test-driven institutions that rank only average worldwide? Decades of research confirm that when parents engage with their children’s learning, kids do better in school—and life. This straight-talking guide helps you:
• understand the critical role you play in your child’s education,
• connect with educators in respectful ways,
• encourage a love of reading in your kids,
• minimize homework meltdowns and disorganization,
• support students who struggle academically,
• help children navigate social situations and bullying, and
• fuel your child’s mind and body for learning.
Parent involvement looks different for every family and every child. Packed with real stories and tested strategies, The Parent Backpack demystifies our complex education system and gives you the insights you need to help your kids thrive.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, July 2013
Ten Speed Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: