The Other Book... of the Most Perfectly Useless Information
The latest entry in Mitchell Symons's trivia trifecta is chock-full of more obscure scientific facts, sporting stats, celebrity gossip, and pure trivia than ever!
Did you know that:
- Polar bears cover their black noses with their paws for better camouflage?
- John Steinbeck had to rewrite Of Mice and Men because his dog ate the first draft?
- Wayne Newton is a descendant of Pocahontas?
- Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood because metal was in short supply?
- Brooke Shields and Glenn Close are cousins?
- Diet Coke was invented in 1982. However, in 1379, a Mr. and Mrs. Coke of Yorkshire, England, named their daughter “Diot” (a diminutive of Dionisia, the predecessor of the modern-day name Denise)?
- Male monkeys go bald in much the same way that men do?
- James Gandolfini was voted Best Looking by his high school class?
If you are titillated by trivia or fascinated by facts, The Other Book . . . of the Most Perfectly Useless Information will keep you entertained for hours!
- HarperCollins, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: