The Mediterranean Prescription
Meal Plans and Recipes to Help You Stay Slim and Healthy for the Rest of Your Life
The eating style proven to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
LOSE WEIGHT, STAY FIT, AND FEEL GREAT WHILE EATING SOME OF THE MOST DELICIOUS AND HEALTHIEST FOOD ON EARTH.
Renowned for its dazzling beauty and delectable cuisine, the Mediterranean island of Sicily has historically one of the healthiest diets in the world. Recent studies show that this eating style can reduce the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's, diabetes, and depression, and that it can even increase fertility rates! Now all the succulent flavors and myriad benefits of Sicilian cooking are yours to savor in the very first weight-loss program that will not only help you effortlessly shed unwanted pounds but will become a prescription for a lifetime of nourishing, palate-pleasing fare.
Created by respected physician Dr. Angelo Acquista, who has successful counseled his patients on weight management for years, The Mediterranean Prescription starts with a two-week weight-loss stage that includes simple, delectable recipes to help you lose eight to ten pounds right away. Still convinced that all diets leave you feeling deprived? Imagine eating Baked Zucchini with Eggplant and Tomatoes, Sweet-and-Sour Red Snapper, Chicken Cacciatore, Pasta Fagioli, and Baked Onions. Dr. Acquista culled his Sicilian mother’s recipe box for the most mouthwatering recipes–plus he includes meals from famous chefs at top Italian restaurants, such as Cipriani and Serafina. If you follow these lifestyle-changing suggestions, you will enjoy
• long-term success: Eat the foods you love and enjoy–bread, pasta, and all your favorite Italian dishes–while adopting healthier eating habits.
• no more addictions: A two-week “tough love” stage helps you kick the habit of sugar, junk food, and preservatives.
• zero deprivation: The Sicilian way of cooking and combining foods means less snacking in between meals, and less temptation to fill up on desserts.
• family-friendly recipes: Children will love and benefit from the dishes as well, so you can share the good eating and the good health.
Plus you’ll find vital information on how being overweight affects each part of your body, including the skin, brain, heart, liver, joints, back, and breasts.
Most people don’t realize that many of their health problems derive from unhealthful weight. Discover the Sicilian secret to a happy life. Capture a pleasurable way of eating that will bring all the blessings and bounty of the Mediterranean to your table, to your life, and to your health!
From the Hardcover edition.
- Random House Publishing Group, December 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: