The IBM Style Guide
Conventions for Writers and Editors
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$32.39
Save $3.60 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The IBM Style Guide distills IBM wisdom for developing superior content: information that is consistent, clear, concise, and easy to translate. The IBM Style Guide can help any organization improve and standardize content across authors, delivery mechanisms, and geographic locations.
This expert guide contains practical guidance on topic-based writing, writing content for different media types, and writing for global audiences.
Throughout, the authors illustrate the guidance with many examples of correct and incorrect usage.
Writers and editors will find authoritative guidance on issues ranging from structuring information to writing usable procedures to presenting web addresses to handling cultural sensitivities.
The guidelines cover these topics:
- Using language and grammar to write clearly and consistently
- Applying punctuation marks and special characters correctly
- Formatting, organizing, and structuring information so that it is easy to find and use
- Using footnotes, cross-references, and links to point readers to valuable, related information
- Presenting numerical information clearly
- Documenting computer interfaces to make it easy for users to achieve their goals
- Writing for diverse audiences, including guidelines for improving accessibility
- Preparing clear and effective glossaries and indexes
- Pearson Education, October 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: