The Complete Professional Audition
A Commonsense Guide to Auditioning for Plays and Musicals
In the United States, there are 300,000 actors; 100,000 hold union cards. There are 184 college theater programs and 108 performing-arts high schools. There are 578 acting schools and coaches in New York City and Los Angeles alone. The Complete Professional Audition is the one book all of those actors need-because before actors can act, they have to pass the audition! Here's practical, hand-holding advice for choosing material, rehearsing, warming up, staying calm, standing out in a crowd, understanding casting, avoiding pitfalls, following up, getting the right headshot and resume, and accepting an offer. There's even a section on handling rejection-not that The Complete Professional Audition user is ever going to need that, of course. Ultra-useful appendices of recommended songs and monologues (yes!) make this the complete guide for everyone with an audition coming up.
• Designed for both play and musical auditions
• There are 300,000 actors and acting students in the US-and all of them want an edge at the audition
• Through his workshops and seminars, author Darren Cohen knows exactly what actors need to pass an audition and get that part
• Practical, down-to-earth ideas that work
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Potter/TenSpeed/Harmony, June 2010
Back Stage Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: