The Art of Portrait Drawing: Learn the Essential Techniques of the Masters
by Joy Thomas
- List Price$26.99
- Your price$21.59
Save $5.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 11600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."Edgar Degas
Learn how to turn what you see into masterful, expressive art. With the practical instruction and advice in these pages, you can develop the skills necessary to draw fine portraits in the realist tradition.
In The Art of Portrait Drawing, skilled artist Joy Thomas passes on to you the lessons she has gathered from generations of the world's greatest artists. Learn about the golden mean, the traditional three-color portrait, the secrets of proportion and more methods used by the Old Masters and today's best artists alike!
Inside you'll find:
- An introduction to every commonly used drawing medium, including charcoal, Conté and graphite
- An illustrated overview of the history of portrait drawing
- Time-honored methods for drawing accurately
- Insights on how to capture not only the likeness, but also the mood and essence of your subject
- Advice on posing a subject, setting up lighting, choosing the right tools and composing effectively
- 9 in-depth, step-by-step drawing demonstrations to develop your skills and your confidence
- F+W Media, May 2006
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: