Teaching to Learn, Learning to Teach
A Handbook for Secondary School Teachers
- List Price$65.95
- Your price$59.39
Save $6.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 27200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Teaching to Learn, Learning to Teach uniquely addresses three problems that frequently concern pre-service and beginning teachers: classroom control, satisfying state and federal mandates, and figuring out exactly what is the role of the teacher. Integrating practical, theoretical, and critical teaching considerations, it presents a model student-centered approach for designing lessons, developing personal connections with students, and building classroom communities: PRO/CLASS Practices (Planning, Relationships, Organization, Community, Leadership, Assessment, Support, Struggle). Pre-service teachers are encouraged to reinterpret the principles and continually redefine them as they develop their own reflective practice.
Changes in the Second Edition
• Updates throughout with attention to the Common Core State Standards, high stakes testing, the possibilities and limitations of technology use in the classroom, and preparing for the job market\
• Fully revised chapter on literacy
• New interviews with teachers
• Companion Website: Supplemental planning, teaching, and assessment materials; 32 extended essays including a number of the author’s widely read Huffington Post columns; interviews with beginning and veteran teachers; Ideas for Your Professional Portfolio, Resume, and Cover Letter; Recommended Websites for Teachers
- Taylor and Francis, July 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: