Take Control of Easy Mac Backups
by Joe Kissell
- List Price$10.00
- Your price$8.69
Save $1.31 (13% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 4800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Joe walks you through these important steps:
- Identifying backup hardware that matches your needs and budget
- Understanding the pros and cons of Time Machine, including nine situations where you'll want to go beyond Time Machine
- Setting up your backup drive (or Time Capsule)
- Configuring Time Machine
- Making a bootable duplicate
- Storing a backup offsite
- Recovering your data
You'll also get tips for setting up ChronoSync, CrashPlan, Data Backup, QRecall, Retrospect, and Synk; find out how an online sync is (and isn't) like a backup; and find coupons for 10% off CrashPlan and a $30 discount on Data Backup.
In this book, you'll find answers to questions such as these:
- How can I get the maximum benefit from Time Machine?
- What features should I look for in an external backup drive? And, should I use a Time Capsule, Apple's all-in-one Wi-Fi router and backup appliance?
- Should I use an online "cloud" backup service, such as Backblaze, CrashPlan, or JungleDisk?
- Should I use USB or FireWire to connect my backup drive?
- What's a versioned backup, and why should I care?
- Why is having a bootable duplicate important?
- How can I easily and effectively keep an offsite backup?
- Time Machine is acting strangely. What should I do?
- How do I migrate existing backups to a Time Capsule?
- What's the difference between an online sync and a backup?
- How do I restore a file from TimeMachine?
- TidBITS, March 2011
TidBITS Publishing, Inc.
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: