Sun Web Server
The Essential Guide
- List Price$43.99
- Your price$39.59
Save $4.40 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Sun Web Server: The Essential Guide
William Nelson • Arvind Srinivasan • Murthy Chintalapati (CVR)
Foreword by Scott G. McNealy
The authoritative, comprehensive guide to Sun Web Server 7.0
Sun Web Server is the secure web serving platform of choice for large-scale enterprises in industries from finance and telecommunications to travel and government. Now there’s a complete, detailed guide to the latest Sun Web Server 7.0 release. Drawing on unsurpassed experience both training and supporting Sun’s enterprise customers, this book’s authors cover everything that developers, administrators, and architects need to know to implement and support Sun Web Server 7.0 within a single node or across an entire server farm.
Server administrators will find task-focused coverage and hands-on examples for installation, configuration, cluster management, monitoring, and troubleshooting. Developers and architects will gain powerful insights into Sun Web Server’s internals and learn how to extend its built-in functionality. Enterprise deployment specialists will find indispensable information on sizing and tuning, plus reference configurations to deploy advanced Web 2.0–style dynamic web sites. Whatever your role, this book will help you hit the ground running and get superior results for years to come. Coverage includes
• Taking advantage of Sun Web Server 7.0’s powerful new features
• Walking through initial installations and upgrades
• Customizing Sun Web Server’s HTTP request processing to your specific requirements
• Building dynamic content with scripting languages and server-side Java-based extensions
• Creating secure dynamic Web 2.0 sites with your dynamic content and database technologies of choice
• Monitoring server instances in live production environments and optimizing performance
• Resolving server errors and other anomalies in Web Server runtime behavior
• Using actual server configuration files from Sun’s own large-scale technology deployments
• Using the detailed reference information on Sun Web Server’s main server configuration file
About the Web Site
This book’s companion web site, www.sunwebserver.com, contains FAQs, errata, answers to self-paced exercises, and links to download locations and product forums.
- Pearson Education, August 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: