Storytellers: A Photographer's Guide to Developing Themes and Creating Stories with Pictures
A Photographer's Guide to Developing Themes and Creating Stories with Pictures
by Jerod Foster
- List Price$35.99
- Your price$28.79
Save $7.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 15200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
It's amazing how many images the world's photographers produce! Professional or not, images surround us in our everyday lives. What makes successful photographers stand out? What drives us to revisit the same images over and over?
All images tell a story. Whether they're produced as works of art, on assignment for National Geographic, or as part of a family vacation, images say more than just a shutter speed, ISO, or aperture setting. We make images for a reason.
Storytellers, by photographer/teacher Jerod Foster, focuses on visual storytelling and how a deep knowledge of your process and your personal vision can create stronger images. Storytelling often requires the use of certain lenses, apertures, or light modifiers, but the story is what holds everything together. To become a better storyteller you will explore:
- Composition, light, depth of field, and motion and how to properly use your camera technically to dig deeper.
- Visual themes and how they provide stories with interest and depth
- Types of shots and shooting styles and what they convey in your images
- Research and ways to conceptualize your story before shooting
- Strategies for developing your own effective storytelling workflow during and after the shoot.
- Pearson Education, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: