Stopping the Natural Drift Toward Isolation in Marriage
Countless married couples end up living alone – in the same house. Over twenty-eight years of conducting "Weekend to Remember" conferences have convinced Dennis and Barbara Rainey that isolation is the number-one problem in marriages today. But they believe it's possible to overcome "marital drift" and experience the miracle of oneness. This book provides a positive, workable strategy for keeping your marriage vital and intimate. Included are proven principles and hands-on exercises to help you:
- understand the personal and cultural forces that isolate you from your spouse
- manage your schedules, workloads, roles, and responsibilities without losing sight of each other
- allos for (and enjoy) individual differences while maintaining unity
- build an atmosphere of cooperation by meeting each other more than halfwey
- "affair-proof" your relationship (or heal it after the fact)
- grow closer duing hard times instead of letting your troubles pull you apart
- create a "safe" atmosphere for transparent communication
- discover the secrets of a mutually rewarding sex life
- leave a legacy of love and unity to your family and friends
Previous Edition: 0-8499-3343-9
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Dennis Rainey
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Dennis Rainey
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- Thomas Nelson, September 2003
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: