Social Insurance and Social Justice
Social Security, Medicare and the Campaign Against Entitlements
- List Price$87.99
- Your price$79.19
Save $8.80 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 36000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
"[W]e must tell the story of how social insurance programs have assured basic economic and health security for millions of AmericansÖ.This book is a must-read for anyone who cares about these goals."
-From the Foreword by Barbara Kennelly
President and CEO,
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
This politically charged, provocative text serves as an introduction to social insurance programs, examining all aspects of these hotly debated policies. The editors cover cutting-edge topics, including Social Security and privatization, universal health insurance, and how America's changing demographics will impact social security in the years to come.
Five key sections cover the critical topics:
- Social Insurance: History, Politics, and Prospects examines the foundational social insurance principles upon which Social Security, Medicare, and other programs are based
- What's at Stake identifies the risks posed to women, minorities, and the elderly if they could no longer depend on social insurance programs
- The Ongoing Debates on Social Insurance discusses public opinions of social insurance programs, and responds to arguments supporting privatization
- Critical Perspectives on Social Insurance Reform presents international experiences and policy trends, and analyzes reform movements from a social justice perspective
- Teaching Social Insurance: Critical Pedagogy and Social Justice presents pedagogical strategies to help students understand, influence, and engage in an informed debate about social policy
- Springer Publishing Company, March 2009
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: