Sketches of Jewish Social Life in the Days of Christ (Illustrated)
In this clazzic work, Alfred Edersheim (1825 –1889) provides a glimpse into the life, customs and traditions of everyday Jewish life of the first century. Edersheim himself was a Messianic Jew and gives great insights from historical sources, Jewish tradition and teaching. He was a well-known pastor and scholar, ministering in Scotland and England. He is also famous for his books “The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah” and “The Temple, Its Ministry and Services.”
• 19 chapters that cover a wide variety of topics such as: Jewish Land, Upbringing of children, Education, Women, Death, Trade and Commerce, Pharisees, Sadducees, Synagogues, etc.
• Includes over 30 Illustrations of Bible lands and customs!
• Note: this is not a cheap scanned version, but a fully edited original work!
• Formatted for your device, fully searchable, with an optimized Table of Contents
- Christian Classics Treasury, August 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: