Sharp Spear, Crystal Mirror
Martial Arts in Women's Lives
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
• Twenty-four women martial artists discuss the physical and spiritual challenges of martial arts training and how it helps bring meaning and purpose to their lives
• Women aged 12 to 83 are interviewed on the importance and meaning of martial arts in their lives.
• Explores in-depth why many women are dedicating themselves to the martial arts.
• An inspiration for anyone concerned with enhancing the physical, spiritual, and social dimensions of life, and for those interested in women's self-defense and safety.
Sharp Spear, Crystal Mirror explores in depth how, why, and to what effect considerable numbers of women are dedicating themselves to the martial arts. The twenty-four women interviewed here discuss the physical and spiritual challenges of martial arts training and how it helps to bring meaning and purpose to their lives. Their disciplines include T'ai Chi Ch'uan, Aikido, Capoeira, Wing Chun, Judo, Kajukenbo, Jujutsu, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, and Kung Fu, and their backgrounds are equally diverse. Some were accomplished athletes before beginning, while others had never been comfortable with their physical bodies until discovering the martial arts. All have received deep spiritual nourishment through their practice, integrating and healing their bodies and minds as well as enriching community bonds. Those interested in women's studies will find a wonderful sample of contemporary American women who speak articulately about the forces that have shaped their lives.
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company, March 1998
Park Street Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: