Service-Oriented Design with Ruby and Rails
by Paul Dix
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$35.99
Save $4.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Complete Guide to Building Highly Scalable, Services-Based Rails Applications
Ruby on Rails deployments are growing, and Rails is increasingly being adopted in larger environments. Today, Rails developers and architects need better ways to interface with legacy systems, move into the cloud, and scale to handle higher volumes and greater complexity. In Service-Oriented Design with Ruby and Rails, Paul Dix introduces a powerful, services-based design approach geared toward overcoming all these challenges. Using Dix’s techniques, readers can leverage the full benefits of both Ruby and Rails, while overcoming the difficulties of working with larger codebases and teams.
Dix demonstrates how to integrate multiple components within an enterprise application stack; create services that can easily grow and connect; and design systems that are easier to maintain and upgrade. Key concepts are explained with detailed Ruby code that was built using open source libraries such as ActiveRecord, Sinatra, Nokogiri, and Typhoeus. The book concludes with coverage of security, scaling, messaging, and interfacing with third-party services.
Service-Oriented Design with Ruby and Rails will help you
- Build highly scalable, Ruby-based service architectures that operate smoothly in the cloud or with legacy systems
- Scale Rails systems to handle more requests, larger development teams, and more complex code bases
- Master new best practices for designing and creating services in Ruby
- Use Ruby to glue together services written in any language
- Use Ruby libraries to build and consume RESTful web services
- Use Ruby JSON parsers to quickly represent resources from HTTP services
- Write lightweight, well-designed API wrappers around internal or external services
- Discover powerful non-Rails frameworks that simplify Ruby service implementation
- Implement standards-based enterprise messaging with Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
- Optimize performance with load balancing and caching
- Provide for security and authentication
- Pearson Education, August 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: