Creating Found Art Jewelry
- List Price$22.99
- Your price$18.39
Save $4.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 10000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Embark on an expeditioner's journey back in time to uncover tattered silk, faceted stones and other forgotten items, and learn how to give them new life as a pendant, ring or brooch. Found objects can be beautiful both for the unique, unexpected look they add to your work and for the stories we imagine them to tell. In the pages of Semiprecious Salvage, you will discover the excitement of reclaiming remnants of the past and reinterpreting their beauty in wearable works of mixed-media art.
Step-by-step instructions guide you through the basics of wirework and creating basic jewelry findings, then encourage you to don your boots and get digging as you mix and match elements to create one-of-a-kind treasures. You'll learn to:
- Age modern "flashy" objects to create the distressed look of pieces with a past
- Combine jewelry elements with new and vintage fabrics for a soft, romantic touch
- Master the use of a soldering iron and a propane torch in crafting metal jewelry
- Incorporate plaster and resin into your work for added depth and intrigue
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Stephanie Lee
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Stephanie Lee
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 26, 2016
- F+W Media, February 2008
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: