Scholarly Communication in Science and Engineering Research in Higher Education
by Wei Wei
- List Price$56.95
- Your price$51.29
Save $5.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 23600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Stay on top with the latest developments in scientific and technical journal publications!
In Scholarly Communication in Science and Engineering Research in Higher Education, experts in the academic community propose cost-effective alternatives to commercial publications in the face of increased journal prices and reduced budgets. This book discusses recent technological innovations that can maintain the needs of researchers who need to stay on the cutting edge of science and technology as well as scholars who must be published and peer-reviewed in order to achieve tenure and promotion. This text also examines the latest developments in information retrieval that will effectively cut time and costs for academic researchers in the library.
Scholarly Communication in Science and Engineering Research in Higher Education focuses on the need for the academic community to accept new, economical methods of producing and making available publications such as peer reviews, research papers, letters, technical and experiment reports, preprints, and conference papers. This volume also emphasizes that scientists and engineers-whether graduate students or professionals-must have access to the latest relevant research in their fields and rely on libraries to provide it. Several chapters in this book examine the problem areas of information technology that will need to be fixed, such as bottlenecks to the flow of information, difficulties using information retrieval systems, and the challenges with archiving electronic journals.
Using research and case studies, this book offers strategies for obtaining benefits such as:
- more efficient and inexpensive ways to access and navigate information
- more cost-effective means of authentication and quality control
- new initiative programs in electronic theses and dissertations to assist graduate students
- increased dissemination and access for conference papers at significantly less cost
- alternative and more effective approaches for solving underlying problems within the scholarly communication circuit of scientists
- activities for librarians to help expand utilization of digital technologies at the local level
- accurate and reliable retrieval of citation data from online sources
- Taylor and Francis, January 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: