Say Good Night to Insomnia
The Six-Week, Drug-Free Program Developed At Harvard Medical School
Introduction by Dr. Herbert Benson, author of The Relaxation Response A drug-free, scientifically proven program for conquering insomnia in six weeks.
At least thirty million adults ure the stress of severe, chronic insomnia, and the numbers of sufferers aregrowing. Dr. Gregg Jacobs has used the six-week program offered in Say Good Night to Insomnia to help thousands of insomnia sufferers at the Behavioral Medicine Insomnia Program at Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. The program succeeds by helping insomniacs change the way they think about sleep, making it a friend instead of an enemy. Among the many topics addressed are these:
* Developing a sleep enhancing lifestyle including diet, exercise, and an understanding of the importance of body temperature
* Stopping a depency on sleeping pills
* Managing negative emotions, stress, and anxiety
* Quieting the mind and body to enhance inner feelings of peace
Say Good Night to Insomnia is an empowering book that lets insomniacs take control of their minds and bodies by giving them the knowledge and techniques to overcome their problem forever.
- Henry Holt and Co., September 2009
Henry Holt and Co.
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: