Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours
by Joe Casad
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll discover how to implement, monitor, and manage a TCP/IP network–even the latest cloud-based and IPv6 networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll uncover the essentials of TCP/IP and put that knowledge to work through practical examples. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success. Expert author and network engineer Joe Casad guides you from the basics to advanced techniques—including TCP/IP’s architecture, layers, subnetting, CIDR, routing, security, utilities, remote access, web services, streaming, and much more.
Practical discussions provide an inside look at TCP/IP components and protocols.
Step-by-step instructions walk you through many common tasks.
Q&As at the end of each hour help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions and help you steer clear of potential problems.
If you’re looking for a smart, concise introduction to the protocols that power the Internet, start your clock and look inside. Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours is your guide to the secrets of TCP/IP.
Learn how to…
- Understand what TCP/IP is, and how it works
- Discover how IPv6 differs from IPv4, and how to migrate or coexist with IPv6
- Work with TCP/IP’s Network
- Access, Internet, Transport, and Application layers
- Implement flexible addressing with subnetting and CIDR
- Establish efficient and reliable routing
- Implement name resolution
- Secure TCP/IP networks—detect and prevent attacks
- Automatically configure TCP/IP clients and hosts
- Provide classic TCP/IP services and powerful new Web services
- Use TCP/IP in advanced cloud-based environments
- Support efficient media streaming and webcasting
- Capitalize on the benefits of the new HTML5 standard
- Run TCP/IP protocols over wireless networks
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networks with ping, traceroute, and other tools
- Provide for monitoring and remote access
- Deploy efficient email systems with POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
- Walk through all facets of implementing a TCP/IP network
- Pearson Education, October 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: