Role Development for Doctoral Advanced Nursing Practice
- List Price$79.99
- Your price$71.99
Save $8.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 32800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
2011 AJN Book of the Year Winner in Advanced Practice Nursing!
"This is a unique book that will be valuable to both graduate students and professional advanced practice nurses. Since the role of the DNP graduate is evolving, this is an important contribution to the field. It focuses on the developing discussion of practice and graduate degrees in the field of nursing and provides up-to-date information about the evolving and expanding roles of DNP graduate nurses." Score: 100, 5 Stars.--Doody's Medical Reviews (2013)
"This outstanding and thought provoking book...provides the knowledge to not only understand the issues and role related challenges of doctoral advanced nursing practice but the inspiration to embrace the role and become a transformer of healthcare...the use of reflective responses throughout the chapters by national DNP scholars, practitioners, and experts is a gift to the field."
--From the Foreword by Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP/PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN
Dean and Distinguished Foundation Professor
Arizona State University College of Nursing & Health Innovation
Functioning as both a graduate and professional textbook, Role Development for Doctoral Advanced Nursing Practice explores the historical and evolving role of the new doctoral advanced practice registered nurse.
This innovative text presents a distinctive two-part chapter organization that provides content followed by one or more Reflective Responses, which consist of commentaries that may counter or support the opinions of each chapter author. Written by well-known DNP leaders representing the diverse roles and experience of academics, administrators, and practitioners from different DNP programs, these Reflective Responses initiate thought-provoking classroom discussion. This stimulating and provocative text presents issues germane to DNP education, core competencies, and unfolding role development. It is an essential resource in DNP role development courses and courses covering contemporary DNP degree issues.Key Features:
- Provides background information on the evolution of the DNP degree, essential content on role theory, and what nursing "roles" are and how they are evolving
- Discusses how master's versus doctoral-level advanced nursing practice roles differ
- Focuses on the basic roles of the DNP graduate that currently predominate: practitioner, clinical executive, educator, clinical scientist, and the role of the clinical scholar
- Highlights how the DNP can use his or her new competencies to function at a higher level
- Covers the diverse skills that comprise the doctoral APRN and doctoral APN role, including leadership content, negotiation skills, leveraging technology to support doctoral advanced level practice, and more
- Springer Publishing Company, December 2010
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: