Using Proven Business Tools to Make Better Decisions About Talent
- List Price$34.99
- Your price$27.99
Save $7.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 14800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
In Retooling HR, John Boudreau shows how HR leaders can break this cycle - by adapting powerful analytical tools already used by other functions to the unique challenges of talent management.
Drawing on his research and examples from companies including Google, Disney, IBM, and Microsoft, Boudreau explains six proven business tools leaders already use. And he shows how HR can apply these tools to talent management. Examples include:
· Using engineering tolerances to find pivot points that job descriptions miss
· Using inventory and supply-chain analytics to ensure a ready supply of the right talent
· Applying logistics tools to optimize succession planning and leadership development
· Adapting consumer research tools to find untapped value in total rewards
Retooling HR builds on Boudreau's bestselling book Beyond HR, which traces HR's evolution as a decision science. For HR professionals seeking to sharpen their decision-making prowess, this provocative new book blazes an innovative new path.
- Harvard Business Review Press, July 2010
Harvard Business Review Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: