Raising Adopted Children
Practical Reassuring Advice for Every Adoptive Parent
In this completely revised and updated edition of Raising Adopted Children, Lois Melina, editor of Adopted Child newsletter and the mother of two children by adoption, draws on the latest research in psychology, sociology, and medicine to guide parents through all stages of their child's development. Melina addresses the pressing adoption issues of today, such as open adoption, international adoption, and transracial adoption, and answers parents' most frequently asked questions, such as:
- How will my child "bond" or form attachments to me?
- When and how should I tell my child that he was adopted?
- What should schools be told about my child?
- Will adoption make adolescent upheavals more complicated?
Up-to-date, sensitive, and clear, Raising Adopted Children is the definitive resource for all adoptive parents and concerned professionals.
- HarperCollins, September 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: