Frontiers in Elementary Particle Physics
- List Price$11.00
- Your price$10.49
Save $0.51 (5% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 5200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The book explains in a precise and complete manner how elementary particle physics has evolved over the past 50 years. The historical development of the ideas that have shaped our thinking about the ultimate constituents of matter is traced out. The author has been associated with some of the originators of elementary particle theory and has made significant contributions to the field. Here, he gives a first-person description of some of the main developments leading to our present view of the universe.
- What is an Elementary Particle
- Quarks and Leptons
- Looking for Quarks
- Various Accelerators
- The Birth of the Yukawa Theory
- The Appearance of New Particles
- Orderliness of Elementary Particles and Conservation Laws
- Parity and Conservation
- Composite Models of Hadrons
- The Quark Model
- Evolution of the Quark Model
- Charm and its Followers
- Quarks with Strings Attached
- What is a Parton
- Tomonaga's Renormalization Theory
- QCD — The Quantum Mechanics of Color
- Spontaneous Breaking of Symmetry
- The Leaning Structure of the Weak Interaction
- The Weinberg-Salam Theory
- The Unified Field Theory
- Program for Grand Unification
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Yoichiro Nambu
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Yoichiro Nambu
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 26, 2016
- World Scientific Publishing Company, May 1985
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: