Public Health and Epidemiology at a Glance
- Your price$37.99
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
This brand new title in the market-leading at a Glance series provides a highly-illustrated, visual introduction to the key concepts of population-level disease prevention. Accessible, double-page spreads help you understand and appreciate the determinants of health which impact on healthcare services and their effectiveness.
Public Health and Epidemiology at a Glance features high-yield information on all the topics covered at medical school, including:
- Measurement of population health
- Epidemiological concepts of cause and association, surveillance, and risk
- Use of epidemiology in clinical decision-making
- Epidemiology of major health problems such as cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Health promotion
- Basics of health economics
- Basics of health policy, needs assessment, and evaluation
Also featuring self-assessment questions to help test learning, this new title will provide an invaluable resource for medical and healthcare students, junior doctors, and those preparing for a career in public health.
- Wiley, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: