Programming the Mobile Web
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
With the second edition of this popular book, you’ll learn how to build HTML5 and CSS3-based apps that access geolocation, accelerometer, multi-touch screens, offline storage, and other features in today’s smartphones, tablets, and feature phones. The market for mobile apps continues to evolve at a breakneck pace, and this book is the most complete reference available for the mobile web.
Author and mobile development expert Maximiliano Firtman shows you how to develop a standard app core that you can extend to work with specific devices. This updated edition covers many recent advances in mobile development, including responsive web design techniques, offline storage, mobile design patterns, and new mobile browsers, platforms, and hardware APIs.
- Create effective user interfaces for touch devices and different resolution displays
- Understand variations among iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Firefox OS, and other mobile platforms
- Bypass the browser to create native web apps, ebooks, and PhoneGap applications
- Build apps for browsers and online retailers such as the App Store, Google Play Store, Windows Store, and App World
- O'Reilly Media, March 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: